"The double aged Dewar's 12 is the perfect pairing for your holiday feast," explained Blessing. "So much so, we had to add the world's most awarded blended scotch whisky into our pies this Thanksgiving."
The vanilla and honey tones of Dewar's 12 perfectly compliments any pumpkin pie recipe. Just simply reduce the whiskey down to half, and then blend in with your family's pumpkin pie mixture.
Making everything with natural ingredients is something that The Pie Commission takes seriously.
"We make everything from scratch," said Blessing. "We cook and bake using simple traditional methods to try and replicate the pies that we grew up eating at home."
Starting today The Pie Commission will be selling Dewar's Spiked Pumpkin Pie (recipe below), and the Dewar's Spiked Scotch Egg Pie, two perfect additions to your Thanksgiving dinner!
Dewar's Spiked Pumpkin Pie
9" prepared pie shell
1 3/4 cup of pumpkin puree
1 cup packed dark sugar
2 tbsp all purpose flour
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp all spice
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1 can evaporated milk
1 cup Dewar's 12 Whisky
1 tsp vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In a small saucepan over medium heat reduce whiskey to about half of its valume.
3. Turn off heat, add vanilla and milk.
4. In a medium bowl mix pumpkin, sugar, flour, spices and eggs. Mix well until smooth. Gradually stir in milk mixture until fully incorporated.
5. Pour mixture into a 9" pie shell and bake in lower half of oven for 50 to 60 minutes
6. Let cool completely.
7. Optional: add a sprinkle of cheddar on top of baked pie.